Why choose Tongda Lost Foam Casting?
Lost Foam Casting delivers many benefits, including:
1. Dimensionally accurate with typical linear tolerances of just ±0.005mm/mm
2. Maintains an excellent surface finish, typically between 2.5 and 25µm
3. Requires no draft to aid removal from the mould
4. Has no parting lines and no flash is formed providing a better,
5. more consistent surface finish without the need for further machining
6. Unbonded sand is used which is simpler and cheaper than greens and or resin bonded sand
7. Fewer steps are involved than with investment casting so costs are lower
8. Risers are not normally needed so less metal is used and less finishing is required
9. Natural directional solidification takes place, so casting is more predictable with fewer defects
10. Foam patterns are easy to manipulate, carve, glue and handle
11. Multiple parts can be consolidated in a single complex casting, reducing the need for post casting assembly
12. Process is suitable for Aluminium and Nickel alloys, Steels and Cast Irons. It can also be used for casting Stainless Steels and Copper alloys.
13. Versatility: Cast parts can range from 0.5kg to several tonnes
14. Minimum wall thicknesses are just 2.5mm with no upper limit